Thursday, February 18, 2016

My take on "Making a Murderer"

I will keep this brief as this case has been under a microscope since Netflix debuted the series. Personally, I can recognize that it was told from an angle, with an agenda, and it has a point to make. Acknowledging that for what it is, I have to stand back and not really concern myself too much with his guilt or innocence. And actually, I feel the people going so far as to proclaim Steven Avery innocent (or drop dead guilty) are missing the point. This was not justice. This is not how things are supposed to be done in this country. Innocent until proven guilty. A right to a fair and speedy trial. Those two things got thrown out the window, and as an American, I was very appalled. However, growing up in a small town, I was not the least bit surprised.

One thing that bothers me, is how... slimy... everyone in the documentary seems. They just oooooze a lack of trustworthiness.

UPDATE:
Apparently Netflix is allowing you to stream the first episode for free on Youtube. Watch it here.


Or here:


No comments:

Post a Comment